Monday, March 31, 2008

Am Just A Dreamer, I Dream My Life Away...

Stuck at work. Boring shit. But has to be done, to pay the rent. A telephone conversation happening in the next cubicle. Droning. Nothing specific. Sounded like white noise. But suddenly, out of no where, some images flashed in my mind. Images, accompanied with that deceptive feeling of comfort and leisure.

A room. A terrace. Dark and raining outside. Tea in a kettle. I FELT the warmth. My favourite chocolate biscuits. I felt a tingle in my tongue. A bright tea cosy. Dim lights. Music, but I couldn't recognise it. Some people I love and care for. Sitting around a sofa. Plump cushions. Thick carpet. Dark furniture around, with hazy details. And surprisingly, no Me, in the whole room.

And then, as always, I snapped out of it. Very sudden. Very abrupt. Infact, the transition was so bad, that for a second or two, I couldn't figure out my bearing! But what struck me most about this little day dreaming episode, was the presence of a very good friend of mine with whom am fighting, in real life. Complicated. But the overall mood is superficial animosity. And yet, I saw her there. Infact, I even vividly remember her idiosyncrasies, while offering tea to someone! In that room. On the terrace. While it was raining outside. Deep, in the world of my dreams.

And it scared me. Is this then, a harbinger of the fast approaching end? Or, is it just another figment of my tired, hyperactive mind? I don't know. But I can't wait to find out.

4 comments:

Arv said...

now dont go analysing your day dreams mate... they are best enjoyed as they are... cheers...

Madhu Gopalan said...

hey rohitesh...remember the conversation we were having where i was trying to interpret my dreams?

there's a book by freud on the subject that our english prof in xaviers asked us to read...i never did, but you might find it interesting

aiyyo...ive made it a habit to go off on a tangent all the time...all i'll say is, cheer up! things always turn out ok :)

RD said...

Arv : Unintentional analysis of things, is the bane of my existence! ;(

VG : Freud - Interpretation Of Dreams??? Nah! Too much info for my brain! I'd prefer doing it myself. There is some joy in reinventing the wheel and all... ;)

Madhu Gopalan said...

you changed the template of your blog...this is nice, but i had started associating that pink template with you...