Monday, April 03, 2006

They Bring Tears To My Eyes

Was cleaning up my place a little. Lot of junk. Alot of emotional leftovers, from years. Travelling with me, in suitcases, cartons, bags. Staying with me, in cupboards, tabletops, everywhere and nowhere. Had to get down to removing them, and usher in a much-needed breath of freshness.

One of the things that really brought them drops of pure melancholy, was my wallet. Torn and battered it might have been, but somehow, its been there with Me for a long time too. There was an essence of ME, in it. Its like, it had become a part of Me. And to have to give it up, was like giving up an essential, and hence seemingly invisible part of Me. Hurt. Hurt Bad.

And that was just the beginning. What does one do with relationships, that get torn and battered? How do you go about them? Do you just chuck them out, like a wallet? Or, do you try and repair them? What happens when even that fails?

And the worst part of it all, is the memories that they leave behind. A picture, a spoken word, a feeling out of nowhere, a smell. And it all comes crashing back, in an overwhelming avalanche. And All I am left with, are them Tears In My Eyes...

No comments: