Monday, April 10, 2006

Me, Me Alone

Finally found something that is close to my heart. My beliefs, written by someone else, in words that actually sound good. Glad I got it. Thanks PC for sending this over. I am just reproducing it. I HAVE NOT COMPOSED THIS.

I want to be me, me alone,
I don't want to be somebody's clone,
I don't want to be a stereotype; I want no "label",
I really don't care if others don't find me stable,
I've tried to conform, my spirit I've tried to swallow,
But it's just left me frustrated and feeling hollow,
This inflexible society has nothing to offer,
Conforming to it makes my individuality suffer,
Why do we try so hard to blend in?
When did originality become a sin?
Whatever the answers I really don't care,
I just don't want to someday look into the mirror and stare,
At the man who is looking back at me,
Who is everything I didn't want to be,
So I've decided to stop right now and set my spirit free,
From now on I'll just work on being me,
I'm breaking the shackles; I can no longer stay,
Cause when I die I want to be able to say,
I did it my way!!!

1 comment:

The Quaint Quenyan said...

Thx for stopping by my blog. Abt Nirad Chaudhry's work, wish I could give a more detailed account or something, but other than the fact that the three horses are those of democracy, individualism and something else, as well as the guy wrote the book when he was one year short of becoming a centurion, I can't offer much else. I myself have only gone through the first few pages.

But, I'll tell you one thing. Those few pages changed my entire outlook towards this guy. Earlier, Nirad Chaudhry was merely one of those typical parochial types in the Naipaul mould. He still might be all that, but he also is, or rather was, a scholar of gargantuan proportions.