Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Personalised, Made-At-Home High!

I have been thinking of writing about this for sometime now, but couldn't get down to it. Issues were weighing me down. But luckily, the clouds cleared last evening, after a mild thunderstorm, and am back to being the usual me. And reading through this article on Mukul's blog, I decided to write about, what gives me a high.

Standing in the bathroom, with a bucket full of cold water. And before we proceed, let me repeat, this is Bangalore, and I am a Bengali! By Genetic DEFINITION, I feel chilled, at the slightest hint of a drop in mercury. And this here, is no exception. But I am one of those crazy maniacs, who tries to get his cheap thrills, as and when he can. So, I move on.

Take a mug of that water. Hold it high against my forehead. The light shimmers off the surface. Orange patterns, on the floor. Slowly tilt it, till a drop hangs from the edge. Suspended animation. My entire body is still, waiting for the sudden rush of cold, that will engulf me soon. I can feel my heart beat a little faster. I can feel the blood rush through my ears. And in that last moment before the water hits me, I am peaking on the Adrenaline rush. The anticipation of the coming cold, is so strong, so intense that a slight involuntary shiver rocks my body!

But as soon as the water hits me, its quits for the Adrenaline Rush. It isn't even half as cold as I had anticipated. Infact, after sweating through the heat outside, its pleasantly refreshing! A complete anti climax to the "Chill Thrill"! But then again, high's were never meant to last too long!

2 comments:

Chandra said...

The problem with the situation here is Einstein's phylosophy doesn't hold good ie
"Not everything that counts can be counted..."

Here it counts whenever Rohit takes bath, and it can be counted the number of time he has taken bath :-).... (i.e. since he was introduced to the concept of "bathing techniques"... say more than 2 decades)

Nice blog... Captures all ideas and charitable feelings !!! :-)...

Regards
Nirmal

RD said...

This is what Champu (http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=295970544632219085) had to say :


Well, now this one comes from me as a Hindi Version of Rohitesh’s shimmer, maniac, adrenaline and a few more such words, which even the British folk’s think twice before usingJ ; so making it simple for our “aam janta”

I will unlike Rohitesh, make sure that I start the blog now, and end it now as well.

Here’s how it goes:

Rohitesh nahane gaya hai. Usse thande paani mein nahane se pehle, tann mein khalbali mach rahi hai (Don’t know, y the freak, din get the idea of using the Geyser/Heater – maybe taking into consideration global warmingJ )

Ab who tehra Bengali, aaj tak shayad thanda paani dekha nahi hai (What a waste to have Bay of Bengal just kilometers away from Calcutta).

Usne thande paani ka lota uthaya, and bas paani uske dimaag pe tapakne wala hi tha ki, Sridevi in Mr. India ki tarah woh naachne aur jhoomne lag gaya. Uske pairon ke neeche ki zameen thar thara ne lagi, n woh paani ke bheegne ke aas mein Mamta Kulkarni (in all her flop movies) ban raha thaJ

And paani ki pehli boond uske dimaag aur tann pe tapakte hi woh Sanjeev Kumar in Sholay ki tarah shaant ho gayaJ

Kya Kya socha tha usne, n kya ho gaya. Kahan uske khayal they ki Sridevi ke baad Raveena ki tarah jhoomega n kahan Sanjeev Kumar ban na pada (What a disappointment, Sigh L )

Bas ye hi sandesh apne bhaasha mein Rohitesh hum aam janta/naagrik ko pahunchana chahta thaJ

I’m sure Rohitesh would take the above in right sense and no hard feelings mateJ; this is what happens when a S/w engg in on bench L